Do you want to learn more about the Bisaya language? Have you been looking for a way to connect with your roots and culture? If so, then it is time that you started listening to a Bisaya Podcast! There are many podcasts available in Bisaya, but nothing like theirs.
Who is Barok and Takya?
They are Bisaya vloggers who have created their Podcasts, specifically in the Cebuano language. Listeners get an inside look into what life is like as a Filipino living abroad while discussing relevant topics such as society, food, culture and much more. They want to share their stories in a way that not only educates but entertains the listeners.
How did it start?
Barok was driving one night, and then he happened to notice that there’s no Cebuano language in a Filipino podcast space. He searched for a podcast to take away from the homesickness of being abroad but could not find one in his native tongue.
So he made it happen.
He offers a dialect – without grammar rules and complicated grammatical terms, so you can start listening from wherever you are. And when he arrives home, he told Takya, his wife, about his great idea. Takya is just full of life and energy. She has a perfect vibe, which makes her such an incredible person to be around—so it’s no wonder why Barok wants Takya to be his co-host and try podcasting with him!
Barok said he wanted to create a Bisaya Podcast where Filipino Bisaya could listen and learn their own Cebuano language and entertain. Barok thought something was missing for the community who speak our dialect, so we created this Pinoy podcast in Bisaya.
The first episode of their show was lacklustre and challenging to make because they had to figure out what was worth talking about. Barok and Takya have a great sense of humour, but other than that, it’s hard for them to come up with ideas! Then all of a sudden, they were on their way on their first topic: Christmas in our Minds.
This episode has something in store for you—Barok tells his story of how Overseas Filipino Workers celebrate Christmas without their loved ones, mesmerizing the effects of loneliness during the holidays. We also talk about Filipino culture through stories as well as Cebuano food from all across the country.
Why Podcast in Bisaya language?
Barok chose Bisaya language to start his Filipino podcast show because he speaks Bisaya, and he wanted to share the language with other people.
“Kay lahi man gyud kung magsulti ta og Bisaya, daghan naman kaayo ang nag English og Tagalog sa Pinoy Podcast, very seldom lang kaayo sa atoang dialect na Cebuano language na niche,” Barok explains. “Mao nang naghimo gyud ta og kaugalingon natong podcast para sa mga Bisaya”.
How do I listen when I am abroad to Filipino Podcast in the Cebuano language?
For Filipino Overseas Workers or OFWs, we recommend downloading the podcasts so you can listen to them at your convenience.
“Ang pag ‘download‘ og podcast na Barok and Takya Bisaya Podcast sa Filipino podcast on Spotify or Google Podcasts kay mag-export ka og mp player sa imong cellphone o tablet para maka download lang gyud ang audio file,” Barok explains.”
Benefits of listening to the Filipino Podcast in Bisaya language
- When you listen to Barok and Takya Bisaya Podcast, it feels they are part of your own family, and you can’t help but laugh with them or feel the sadness when they are having a hard time.
- Podcasts can help you feel less homesick when you’re away from home, or mainly for those who often spend time living overseas and want to stay connected with their culture. It also helps the mental well-being of Filipino people in general because it is a reminder that they are not alone and there’s always someone out there who can understand what they’re feeling.
- Podcasting helps us connect more deeply with our culture by feeling like we’re closer friends than just distant relatives. It reminds us how much family, tradition and language mean to us.
- Listening to their dialect on a podcast also makes it less difficult for Filipino people who live outside the Philippines to keep up with what’s happening in their country because everything is explained in Bisaya!
- The podcast is very personal, and it had helped me feel more connected to my country when I wasn’t living there.
- A podcast is a media form that’s popular right now because people like listening to podcasts instead of reading articles. On the internet, our podcasts are broadcast in Bisaya that is native to the Philippines. Listening to a podcast is very different because it is more personal. After all, you hear your language spoken.
- You can still do your cleaning, driving, exercise or cooking and still listen.
- You don’t have to wait for your favourite Filipino TV show that comes out every evening at a particular time, and you can play the podcast anytime, anywhere!
- The best thing is when I am homesick or miss my family back home in Cebu, listening to this kind of Bisaya Podcast helps me feel like it’s almost like being there with them again.
- The hosts of the Pinoy Podcast, “Barok and Takya“, make sure that they are teaching us some of the Filipino cultures while also making sure we’re laughing at their antics. They always do a great job entertaining and telling stories about what life was like before technology became such an essential part of our lives!
Like Barok and Takya, Overseas Filipino Workers have expressed homesickness and the desire to connect with others who speak their dialect. They want to know what’s happening in the Philippines, but their friends can’t explain it all because they’re not there. This Pinoy podcast in Bisaya language is an alternative way for them to listen, understand, and stay connected about our culture and society when they’re away from the Philippines. This podcast can bring you back to your roots, whether you’re Filipino or not.
Nowadays, we have smartphones, tablets, and laptops, which means most Filipinos now have access to podcasts anywhere, so there is no excuse anymore.
We understand that one of the most challenging things about being away from your homeland is missing out on all those familiar faces and sounds. But have you considered using podcasts as a way to feel closer?
As Bisaya Podcast listeners ourselves, we know how homesickness can be soothed when listening to voices in our language—a mother tongue. You don’t have to miss out anymore! With over 50 episodes available for download, there is hours worth of content just waiting for you. So take some time today and give us a listen.
Listening now will help make sure you never get too far from home again!
SUBSCRIBE to Barok and Takya Youtube Channel Bisaya Podcast – https://www.youtube.com/c/bisayapodcast
Check out our Podcasts and Blogs:
Kalipay sa Baybay (Blog)
Pinoy Tough Times (Podcast)
Why Podcast? (Podcast)
Look whos Growing Up (Podcast)
FOLLOW OUR SOCIAL MEDIA:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/barokntakya
INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/bisayapodcast/
PINTEREST – https://www.pinterest.com.au/bisayapodcast/
TWITTER – https://twitter.com/bisayapodcast
LINKEDIN – https://www.linkedin.com/in/bisayapodcast/